Crescent Relief Logo

Students and Temp Residents can apply for Govt funding now through Red Cross

Red Cross is receiving funding from the Australian Government for the next six months to deliver emergency relief and casework support.

Here is some important information about this funding:

  • These funds are for people on temporary visas who have no way to support themselves and who have urgent needs. This includes food, medicine and crisis accommodation costs.
  • Red Cross has not yet received these funds but hopes to increase our existing Emergency Relief and Safety Net program in the coming weeks.

Red Cross website said that they will work as quickly as possible with the Department of Social Services to finalise the details of the funding and expand assistance to people who are experiencing significant vulnerability.

Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for Red Cross Safety Net support if you:

  • are in Australia on a temporary visa
  • are in urgent financial hardship
  • cannot access Centrelink, Medicare or similar services
  • have no income, savings or other financial support (including from family overseas).

How to apply

Red Cross will advise when they have the funds and arrangements in place. Please Call or email to register for financial assistance.

Email Subject: Help for migrants in transition
call 1800 RED CROSS (733 276)

Once you have requested help, They will speak to you and see if we can assist with emergency payments, food deliveries, crisis accommodation costs or other support.

Source: Red Cross Website

Register for more information.

Please subcribe to our newsletter and We will notify you when Red Cross starts distributing the funds to international students and temp residents. If there is any other funding option comes up, We will let you know.